We Can Do It Background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

define "fluffy"

My background, career-wise, is marketing and public relations. When someone says or does something negative, part of my job is to take that negative and turn it into a positive. I can "spin" things, if you will, to make them better. In some instances, like political scandals, spinning is a bad thing. That's not my business and never will be! But as I've grown more comfortable in myself, my creativity, and my general desire to have a good attitude most of the time, I've started to apply my spin tactics to life in general. I especially work to spin the hard times or tough situations.

Therefore, I choose to no longer see myself in the negative light of the following labels:
  • Fat
  • Chunky
  • Chubby
  • Husky
  • Big boned
  • Obese
  • A "trunk" full of "junk"
  • Etc.
The new adjective I've chosen to replace these is "fluffy." I heard a comedian one time say that he wasn't fat, he was fluffy. I laughed and didn't think too much about it at the time. But as I'm currently losing weight and attacking these former terms with a new mentality, I've decided that I like the term fluffy. Not only does it give a new, happier spin to my current round condition, it also describes how I plan to be in the future: light as air!

Therefore, the word of the day (and many days to come) is "fluffy." Enjoy.

Faithfully, fluffully yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment